#SecretHotspots - Leicester

/
0 Comments


VINTAGE HONEY, VINTAGE!!!

Hey guys! Welcome to #SecretHotspots! Random blog posts showing you hidden amazing spots all over the UK!

Because this is the first post of my new series #SecretHotspots, I decided to find a couple of hot spots most people may be unaware of where I currently live; Leicester. Honestly, not a lot of writing is going to go into this post, I'm going to let the pictures do all the talking! 

(Shout out to my iPhone 5s for these pictures, holding me down until I can afford to get a professional camera!)



Pizza Pizzeria - I LOVED this place so much! It's an authentic Italian restaurant focusing solely on PIZZA! Love that! 

These pictures aren't even half of how beautiful and innovative this Leicester/Loughborough based restaurant is! It has two rooms on the bottom floor and three on the second, including a games room with a graffiti wall! Hopefully, the suspense is killing you and you're making plans to head there asap!


On the hunt for accessories to decorate my new flat. Here begins my journey into the vintage and art world!








Pink Pigeon (instagram: @pinkpigeonvintage) - I can't even begin to explain how cool this place is! Three vintage stores, three floors, three different eras! They sell AMAZING quality vintage items and clothes in both female and menswear. You can never have too many unique pieces in your closet!

I knew about the first vintage store on the bottom floor because I came with my sister at the beginning of my first year at uni! But when I found out there were two floors [Dolly mix Vintage] above selling vintage clothes/items from different time periods, I couldn't help but explore!

The second floor just above sold vintage items and menswear from the 40s-50s while the third floor (which I didn't get the chance to take pictures of :( ) sold vintage items and womenswear from the 50s-60s!




Cank Street Gallery - What's a day as a tourist in your own town without a trip to an art gallery aye! Loved all these pieces of artwork, pricey, but quite a few of them were affordable! The items in the middle picture however, were very affordable, prices ranging from £9-£20.



Pomponette (www.pomponette.co.uk) - The interior of this store selling unique vintage hand-painted furniture and artificial flowers was flawless!  Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take any pictures, but make sure you pay the store a visit; it's gorgeous!





Watch This Space (www.watchthisspaceboutique.com- The name says it all! This three-floored boutique was so chic yet vintage I literally fell in love with it immediately I walked in! 

My favourite part of this boutique is the fact that it's a not-for-profit enterprise design boutique which sells the work of independent artists, designers and crafts people from around the UK!

With so much variety, you name it, they sell it, they even do workshops on the bottom floor (also available for hire)! 

This final picture of my new bed shows all the purchases I made today in search for decorations for my room! All prices were affordable and believe it or not, from Sue Ryder (apart from the three white roses from Pomponette)! Erm, BARGAIN! Anyway, as you can tell, yes, my favourite colour is purple! I basically eat, sleep and breathe purple! 
So here I am after a year in Leicester, ashamed of myself for thinking there were no cool places to go! I always thought it was just a city filled with university students and university buildings! Well, clearly this post has proved me wrong! 
No matter where you are, there's always a hot spot nearby! 


You may also like

No comments: