Confessions of a University Student

/
0 Comments

To read the original 'Confessions of a University Student' blog post, GO TOMCM
Or, continue reading to read the confessions.



1.     Embarrassing Confessions

Where do I start, I was on my way to a party and as I was enroute, I remembered I was on my period and realised the time to change my pad was well overdue. But I couldn’t turn back home and I couldn’t change at their house. This post is anonymous so I’m just gonna go ahead and say it… I changed my pad in the middle of the sidewalk mid-journey… dashed the pad somewhere and went about my night as if nothing happened.
-Anonymous

I was at an event, and I wanted to go home, however, I wanted a certain someone to take me home with him. I started screaming his name on the stairs in a drunken stupor. Next thing I know, I’m sending drunken messages and called his phone right as he was hitting on a girl… clearly he didn’t want to come home with me but hey, at least I ‘cock blocked’.
-Anonymous

I was ‘relaxing’ my hair, and living in a first year student accommodation, I had several flatmates, but it’s my flat so I can do as I please right? I walked into the kitchen with my hair still in relaxer and a see-through bag on my head and EVERYONE WAS THERE! Flatmates, flatmates friends, friends, friends friends, friends friends friends, it was terrible! I think I looked so ugly I smelt.
-Anonymous

So I started getting freaky with this guy and things got very intense very quickly! All of a sudden I realised something was wrong! I was wearing world’s biggest maxi pad and to make things worse I was wearing really thin leggings. I didn’t even realise I was wearing one until he got really close and his crotch was rubbing on the maxi pad! I immediately got up and ran to the toilet to change, but when I got there, I realised I keep them in my room… WHERE HE WAS! I went into the room and snuck out a thin pad as fast as I could without him noticing. When I came back to the room I didn’t get close to him again… to be honest he probably thinks I think his ‘piece’ is small… I’ll just let him think that; save myself the embarrassment.
-Anonymous

At this point in time we were still freshers getting to know each other, so we were all in a group chilling playing never have I ever. As expected, when the sexual questions came up, things got a little bit heated. We then got to a stage in the game where people had to point out who was doing what with whom in the room. Unfortunately the ONE guy in the room I had done something with was sat right next me when I was trying to keep things low-key, like the fool he is. Then a question came up asking who’s had a sexual encounter with someone in the room in the last week. He then, again, like the fool he is, raised his hand. Meanwhile, all the other girls knew it wasn’t them and all the boys (his friends) were wondering who the girl was. So now, everyone was looking for world’s biggest thot side eyeing me, while this guy, LIKE THE DAMN FOOL HE IS still has his hands up. Will I ever play never have I ever again? Doubt it.
-Anonymous

I’m going to keep this short and sweet because it was such an embarrassing moment for me. I mean, I know it’s normal but I can’t deal with awkward situations. I was having sex with this guy and we wanted to switch positions, we got into the doggy style formation and just as I was getting into it, I did the loudest fanny fart of all time. I couldn’t believe my ears, I couldn’t believe my life. I acted like nothing happened; meanwhile my soul had evaporated from my body.
-Anonymous

Ok, so I was at a friend’s birthday party which consisted of first, second and third years. At the time, I didn’t really drink or do drugs, so when they brought out some balloons saying it was laughing gas I was a bit weary. But then I thought, why not? I’m young and everyone else is doing it right? So I began to inhale the balloon and it actually felt really good, next thing I knew I was on the floor, laughing. I got up, recovering from the experience, and everything felt great until 2 minutes later when a guy pointed out that my boobs had basically fallen out my shirt. HOW COULD I NOT NOTICE? Calmly, I tucked my titties back in my top and went home. I’m actually a mess.
-Anonymous

So I had a couple of friends over and when it was time to leave, one of my friends couldn’t find their key. Everyone got up trying to help find the missing key so we all decided to lift my bed and see if it was underneath. When we lifted the bed (with everyone staring anxiously into it hoping the key would be there), there was a used condom. Everyone gently and silently put the bed back in place and went about their business like nothing happened. Other than the silence, I think the worst part was that I told everyone I was a virgin.
-Anonymous

I was in town and I was dancing like a goofball as usual. I was trying to look sexy because I saw the sexiest guy walking into the store and he was staring right at me. Of all times… OF ALL TIMES… my legs decided to fail me and I fell over. Basically, I haven’t danced in a store since and I never looked the guy in the eye again.
-Anonymous

2.     Friendship Confessions

In first year I was lucky enough to become friends with the people I lived with and these are people I stayed friends with in second year. However, I became friends with other people in the spirit of first year and meeting people, not realising what I was getting into. It wasn’t until later that I realised the type of people I had associated myself with. I realised it wasn’t a friendship, I was backstabbed countless times. Clearly, throughout the friendship I was drunk. I had to re-evaluate the friendship and set boundaries thinking things would change, but shortly after, I began hearing rumours. Unlike a true friend, she didn’t come to confide in me. In university, I’ve learnt that  you don’t need too many friends and it’s important to only trust a few.
-Anonymous

You need to slide away from judgemental people. After first year when I did that, everything changed; I found myself in a much happier place. Before, I felt trapped, like I needed to get out of that friendship.
-Anonymous

I’ve made some very good friends at university. I wouldn’t say I’ve made bad friends because I don’t allow negativity around me. I always say, your actions attract certain people, so act accordingly to who you want to attract. Be true to yourself and be comfortable with your friends.
-Anonymous

I became friends with people I thought actually had my best interest at heart but I was completely wrong. I can’t even begin to start going into detail about how university can really influence your friendships and how this friendship was basically oppression, because they took advantage of me in too many ways. For example, let’s say my name is Susan… I was the bank of Susan; continuously spending money on them; money they didn’t have.
-Anonymous

I’ve become more tolerable of everything in general while being at university, because I’ve learnt you honestly have to be patient with people, there are too many different characters and personalities here.
-Anonymous

When you’re in university you really need to choose your friends wisely, and you have to watch your back with your friends, not just people you don’t know. I’m the type of person who doesn’t speak until spoken to, but my friends are bubbly and outgoing. I loved that, because I didn’t need to be. Everything was cool until one of them stabbed me in the back and slept with the guy I was sleeping with WHILE I WAS SLEEPING WITH HIM! I think the funniest part is that she introduced me to him. You really can’t trust anyone.
-Anonymous

After being in university, I’ve become a lot less tolerable… almost intolerable of people.
-Anonymous

I knew when I would eventually go to university I would make friends. But I didn’t think I would be lucky enough to meet people who would be in my life even after university was over! You can actually find good friends in university; you just need to make sure you don’t end up in the wrong crowd.
-Anonymous

So some friends and I went to see some other friends and everything was cool and chill for a while until it all went really left. Some inappropriate things happened between me and this guy and it triggered a bad reaction due to events from my past. In an attempt to help them understand, I told them about my past and hoped they would understand, but instead I was made to feel like the villain instead of the victim in the situation. Just goes to show that it’s not everyone you think you know that you actually know.
-Anonymous

University makes or breaks friendships. I came with people I went to secondary school with and it’s crazy how we came to uni and everything changed; people changed. I can’t figure out whether it was university that triggered the end of our friendship or whether she herself had changed.
-Anonymous

3.     Weed Confessions

I smoked so much weed I thought I was going to die. I was at the window like a ‘nitty’ thinking the wind would dispel the weed in my system and then I almost fell out the window. Next thing I knew I found myself in someone else’s bed.
-Anonymous

So my girls and I decided to go out for drinks. I had 2 large glasses of chardonnay, 2 cocktails, 3 shots, 2 more cocktails, another 3 shots of amaretto and a Copacabana cocktail. I then proceeded to smoke weed, and bear in mind this was my first time smoking. I thought I was gonna be extremely paranoid seeing as I have asthma, but I felt like I floated to my house on the way back. When I got home I had the best pee of my life and I woke up in someone else’s bed, I’m not even gonna try to figure out how I got there.
-Anonymous

I’m always looking from the outside in. I always wondered what the big deal about weed was because everyone at university does it and I find that a lot of people never even smoked weed until they came to university.
-Anonymous

So there was this one time I decided to have weed brownies (God knows how much weed was in them), and I honestly thought I was going to die. I thought everyone was trying to kill me and everything was going in slow motion. I thought I was there for hours but I was only there for 30 minutes. Then all of a sudden it’s like I pressed fast forward and everything went extremely fast. It was too intense. All I’m gonna say is, if you’re gonna do weed brownies, get the proportions right.
-Anonymous

So yeah, I had weed brownies and expected to get high like everyone else does and nothing happened. To be honest, I think I ate grass.
-Anonymous

So during first year, on my birthday I was given weed brownies for the first time. You’re only supposed to have one or two but I had about 8! It usually takes like an hour and a half to kick in, but when it did, I bugged out! Word of advice… don’t do weed brownies, they’re a myth!
-Anonymous

White people’s immune systems are STRONG mate. As a black person, when you do drugs, the spirits await you. My forefathers and ancestors are just waiting to snatch me, so believe I’m not even going to attempt doing drugs.
-Anonymous

This one time, my male friend came over to chill while things were going well with my at the time bae. He did me a really big favour so we thought, why not get high. We started talking and the conversation was great as usual. I got into bed and then my friend I REPEAT FRIEND got in shortly after; topless (meanwhile I’m in a ‘situationship’ with his closest friend). At this point I began telling him my deepest darkest secret and he moved closer. Naturally, I didn’t begin to break a sweat until I felt his crotch on my lower abdomen.
-Anonymous

One time I smoked so much weed I started seeing the Pokémon monsters popping out… I was terrified but obviously I kept it quiet, I’m not crazy.
-Anonymous

My flatmates smokes so much weed and I hate it! The smell is so pungent it makes me gag. I don’t smoke weed and I don’t eat weed brownies, I just hate the effect it has on me. It makes me feel like everything is in slow motion. I lose feeling in my hands or legs and I hate not being in control of myself. To make things worse, I get extremely paranoid. I wouldn’t advise anyone to do it, but if you do, do it in a controlled environment.
-Anonymous

I thought I was going to die when I smoked for the first time in university. I was at this girl’s house I barely knew and I ate all her food. Then I started smoking constantly to the point where I pulled a whitey on the day of my exam… but have I stopped smoking? No.
-Anonymous

About two weeks before uni, I went to visit a couple of my second year friends. We picked up some weed, and started looking for some chip. Next thing you know my friend comes down with the blunts already rolled and we all smoked and got high. It wasn’t until 2 minutes in he told us he used green tea as chip for the blunt. IT WAS MAD. Someone had a fit on the floor and got so paranoid he thought the police would come and find us. I thought I was gonna die and began to accept my fate. Meanwhile the others were eating everything the house and singing extremely loud downstairs. It was the weirdest experience when I thought I was going to die, it took me out of my body for a second.
-Anonymous

I decided to do pre drinks for one of the raves at uni in my flat. I was already running late and then people decided to start smoking weed. I didn’t know what to do; I was running up and down making sure everything was ok. So I would go into the room and smoke as much as I could to finish off the spliff and then go to the other room to finish off the alcohol so we could all get there on time… long story short I didn’t make it to the rave and woke up passed out in the middle of my bathroom floor.
-Anonymous

4. Sexual Confessions

It’s weird how going to university and meeting people not knowing anything about them, could lead to you and them having casual sex on a regular basis. I never would have thought that I would be the girl that was potentially having sex with someone that had relations with a girl that in some way was my friend. I’d met this guy in the beginning of uni and thought he was good looking and all that good stuff. We didn’t speak that much but sometimes we would have the one off chat on twitter, nothing special. But then we started speaking everyday like we’d known each other forever. The first time he came to my room it was a chilled and calm vibe but we didn’t do anything major. I held it out and was hesitant to fully go all the way but that didn’t last very long. It became a regular thing, we’d sleep together and I didn’t even feel some type of way about it. But the girl I’d call and ‘acquaintance’ still seemed to be into this guy because she was always talking about him whenever we crossed paths. It started to get annoying, not that I was jealous, more like I just didn’t want to hear it. Feelings were not involved at all, we just enjoyed pleasuring each other and at the end of the day, no one was hurt in the process.
-Anonymous

My sexual experience at university has been pretty cliché. I met someone, we started dating, and we established that we were together but not officially boyfriend and girlfriend. We had sex; he was my partner. But like everything else, things always come to an end and so did we.
-Anonymous

So I had surgery, I’m not really going to go into detail about what the surgery was for but the nurse advised me not to have sex until after 3-4 weeks; she even gave me an article to read. But I was loved up with my bae. He came over when I was meant to be on bed rest but you know, you could say I was still under doctor’s orders, because we didn’t exactly leave my bed. But honestly, don’t have sex after surgery… unless you want another.
-Anonymous

My boy gave me a girl’s number so I hit her up on whatsapp. It ended up being a one night stand but I can’t lie it was a bad experience, I didn’t know her; there were no feelings involved it was just weird.
-Anonymous

He was the first guy I kissed in university and had some sort of feeling towards. He made me feel special… at the start anyway. I was a bit naïve, seeing as I wasn’t so used to the single life, so everything he said or did was special to me. He noticed the smallest details about me, the dress I wore when we first met, my non-existent dimples; you name it. It was perfect. He was perfect. But my friends always warned me about him, everyone did. But since I really liked him, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt. I always said until I see it, I don’t care! (What was I thinking?) Time went by and I began to see it all. Plans got cancelled; communication became inconsistent, awkward hellos and byes… He used to tell me I was the girl he wanted and that he felt at peace when he was with me. He would say things like how he liked me more than I did him; clearly, that wasn’t the case. I always held on to that little hope because I wanted there to be something. That was stupid of me. Till this day I always feel like it was only because I didn’t have sex with him, that’s why he stayed as long as he did. But sometimes, I did wonder if he genuinely liked me, because I really did.
-Anonymous

Sex is hard at university. It’s all around you and everyone is doing it so you want to join in. I thank God for his mercy and my pickiness of girls to be honest; I think that’s what helped me. I came to university and then ended my relationship. I wanted to play around, have fun, be a ‘baby boy’, but then I realised… that’s not me. I knew it would come back to bite me in the back and I couldn’t do it without God.
-Anonymous

I don’t find boys in university sexually attractive. University is just one big bubble, and being in a bubble; it’s uncomfortable. Everyone will know about you and your business.
-Anonymous

Everyone feels inclined to know your business. It’s very rare for a sexual experience in university to be private and it’s also very rare for that sexual experience to be a good one because in all honesty, a lot of people in university can be horrible and screw you over.
-Anonymous

My friend had sex and told me he basically came everywhere after like 5 seconds… she FaceTimed all her friends afterwards; it was so awkward.
-Anonymous

I never thought in a million years that this would have been me. I became the girl I hated, the girl that made my ex cheat on me. He had a girlfriend or in uni terms ‘he was doing a ting’ with another girl and she was my friend. My excuse was ‘I wasn’t that close to her’. He knew we were friends but you know guys, he couldn’t care less. He would flirt with me continuously. Take his time to know what I was doing, where I was and even invite me over to his all the time. He would speak to me every day, I mean, I felt like I was the one going out with him not her. He would confess to me saying how he would have gone for me if situations were different. He would say it any chance he got. Whenever we were out, he would give me stares and always stop talking to me whenever I spoke to anyone else. It was frustrating. But not only was he confused, he was confusing me. I was meant to act all fine around his girlfriend today when he was having sex with me the day before. It had to stop and it did, but only when I told him to because it wasn’t right. I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t…
-Anonymous

For guys, at university, realistically when it comes to sex all we do is have sex. It’s very rare to actually make love because I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t come here to settle down in first or second year. It’s uni, I want to have fun while I can.
-Anonymous

There’s something I call lying girls. Lying girls are girls that say they are ‘about it’ but they aren’t, so you’ve got to do ‘the dash’ and kick ‘em to the curb while you have the chance before feelings get involved.
-Anonymous

So I went over to this guy’s house after a rave to chill but really, I knew what I went there to do. Basically, I went over and shit went down, up and around that night.
-Anonymous

I was talking to this guy for like 3 months, he came to visit me at university and one thing led to another. He put on some music and he started caressing my nether regions. So I’m basically wanking him at this point and he asked for some lube, so I got some Vaseline. Everything was getting better so he placed me on top and I ended up (God knows how) in a handstand position and well… the rest is history.
-Anonymous

Let’s just say I did the Mimi and Nikko before Mimi and Nikko happened. My friend came to visit me at university so naturally, we had a catch up. We opened up a bottle of vodka and he made it clear that he was hungry and elaborated that he wanted to have me for dinner. He then went to take a shower and I decided to take one too, just to, you know, help Mother Nature and conserve water. Then he started fiddling with me and I needed leverage, so I grabbed onto the shower rod. The shower rod broke and he decided to become bob the builder and fix it. Once he fixed it we went back to it and headed to sleep afterwards. We woke up and long story short, he had dinner for breakfast.
-Anonymous

I was extremely naïve when I was coming to university. What made things even worse for me was I always saw myself as average, so whenever guys would speak to me I got excited; I wasn’t used to it. It wasn’t until later that I realised that guys will say all the right things only to get what they want and then leave. It’s a terrible feeling to give someone all of you and they just leave and stop speaking to you like nothing happened; like you weren’t just texting me good morning messages the night before. For me, in regards to my sexual experiences in uni, it’s nice in the moment, but I always feel terrible after, especially because these guys aren’t my boyfriends.
-Anonymous

Basically, I cheated on my girl, and I got chlamydia from the girl I cheated with. I didn’t tell my girl and I had sex with her so I knew she probably had it. But I couldn’t not have sex with her because then she’d know that something was wrong, and I couldn’t tell her because she’d hate me for cheating. So I spiked her drinks with medication to cure the chlamydia. She hasn’t found out till this day.
-Anonymous

Basically my boys and I throw raves, and when you throw raves, you get different types of females approaching you; you get a lot of attention! At one of the raves, there was this one girl in 3rd year and she knew who we were but we had no idea who her and her friends were (bear in mind, we were in first year). We spoke and ended up exchanging numbers and she invited me and my two boys to come over to chill with her and her two friends. When we got there, there was alcohol, weed, you name it! We started playing drinking games and these girls were getting so drunk. Before we could leave, one of the girls said we should play truth or dare and next thing you know, everyone started getting intimate. Before I knew it both of my boys had taken two of the girls to separate rooms and left me downstairs with the girl; obviously, we ended up sleeping over. Next thing I know my boys came to the room I was in with one of the girls in the middle of the night to get me. When I came outside they told me how they had both been having sex with one of the girls… meanwhile one of my boys was even going back and forth having sex with the girl he was with and the girl who was having sex my other boy; they were tag teaming! They told me that I could have sex with her too and she said she would be willing to do it; it’s crazy because she didn’t even know us! In the morning when we all woke up it wasn’t even awkward, it was like nothing happened! The craziest part of it all was the fact that the girl we all slept with apparently had a boyfriend and they were all ‘loved up’. What kind of witch?
-Anonymous

5. Academic Confessions

All I have to say is don’t miss coursework no matter what you’re going through. I missed one and got 0% and it affected my exams; I jeopardised my degree and my future.
-Anonymous

Revise more than a day before exams and go to lectures. I met too many people on my course on exam day like I haven’t been at university for two years now.
-Anonymous

I changed my course this year because in first year my course didn’t go as expected; I stopped going to lectures like half way through the year. It taught me that you may think you know what you’re doing but sometimes you have to fail to succeed.
-Anonymous

I placed the society I was in before my studies. I risked my degree because I stopped staying on top of my uni work and I became less organised. But I don’t regret it, because people need to remember that university is not just about a degree, you have to think, what can I do to improve myself?
-Anonymous

It’s crazy, I worked so hard to get here and now if you hand me my A level exam papers I’d probably fail them all.
-Anonymous

If you’re on a four year course and your course has a placement year… WORK HARD IN FIRST YEAR! When you’re applying for a placement, they look at your first year results and whether or not you do well WILL increase or decrease your chances of being hired.
-Anonymous

I basically lived in the library the whole of second year because second year is no joke. One thing I would say is in university, it’s important to become friends with the people on your course and your lecturers. Mate, kiss up to them… THEY WILL HELP YOU trust me! And go to all your lectures and seminars because they are less likely to help those who miss them.
-Anonymous

I was lucky enough to be part of a group chat before university, but I should have gotten to know people on my course. I felt like I didn’t need to make friends with the people on my course, because I was so wrapped up with friends from the group chat. There was a girl in particular who noticed me but because I wasn’t willing to get to know anyone I didn’t bother with her. I then unfortunately, at the end of the year fell out with the friends I was so wrapped up with. I bumped into someone and their friend and so politely, as you do, I introduced myself to her. She said she already knew me and had even worked in a group with me and my heart kind of sank, I felt terrible. All I’m saying is, it’s good to get to know people at uni especially on your course even if you already have a group of friends.
-Anonymous

6. Spiritual Confessions

Living in university has definitely made me distance myself from the church. It hasn’t made me distance myself from God though, just the church.
-Anonymous

This year has been a productive one for me. Compared to most students, I’m quite reserved. I wasn’t sure if I wanted people to know I was a Christian, because I didn’t want to stick out like a sore thumb. But trying to hide it was painful and even more obvious, so I had to embrace myself.
-Anonymous

Being at university, despite having a church back home, I found it hard to find churches in the new city I lived in, so I just didn’t keep looking. So my faith is only really practiced when I go back home for the holidays.
-Anonymous

I don’t believe in anything so I don’t exactly need to be conscious of anything. I’m not any more or any less carefree than usual and not having a religion is one less thing for me to worry about anyway.
-Anonymous

I didn’t have a church in first year so I didn’t officially start going to church in university until second year. I started attending a church regularly but something happened between me and the friends I usually went to church with so I began to distance myself from them. I started searching for a church for myself and I found one. I love it! It’s important to find a place that suits you, not just because your friends are going.
-Anonymous


You may also like

No comments: